Lazy burritos

Day two recipe from the one day of prepping is what I refer to as Lazy Burritos with Guacamole. Lazy because I mix the refried beans straight into the taco meat. This way you can use it as taco or burrito filling.

You'll need:

1lb ground turkey 90/10
1/4 cup chili powder (or to taste, we like a lot!)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbs dried onion (or 1/2 white onion chopped if I have time)
1 can refried or black beans

Cook the first 6 ingredients together until fully browned and then add either a can of low-fat refried beans or a can of black beans - drained well.

Guacamole!

3 large, ripe avocados
1/2 purple onion finely chopped
Cilantro - big handful, roughly chopped
2 medium tomatoes
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp powdered garlic
1/2 lime, juiced

I am very hands on with this recipe, so wash your hands very well before proceeding! Scoop the avocados into a medium bowl and add the chopped onions, salt, and garlic powder. (If the kid isn't eating the guacamole I will also add red peppers or finely chopped fresh seeded jalapeƱos).
I squish all these ingredients together making sure to leave some chunks. I know most people use a fork and or knife, I think this gets the job done faster and leads to the consistency I prefer.
Next add in the chopped cilantro and tomatoes. For this step I do use a fork to combine. This keeps the tomatoes and cilantro from getting too bruised.

Right before serving, lightly mix in the lime juice. It really brightens up the guacamole and adds a nice tanginess.


Oh guacamole! If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puberty, Jedis, and experts

A (late) Valentine to those who work in a school

The Worst Year of my Life, or How I Failed My Child